For 2023-24, TASA is partnering with N2 Learning to offer The Principals’ Institute (PI 13), a year-long professional development series that provides a unique opportunity for principals to understand why transformation of public education is necessary, and to develop the knowledge and skills required to lead and build the capacity to sustain transformation over time. Learn more about the institute.
Sessions & Format/Locations
The PI 13 cohort will meet six times during the 2023-24 school year:
- Session 1: Sept. 11-12, 2023 | Lakeway Resort and Spa
- Session 2: Oct. 17-18, 2023 | Hilton Dallas/Park Cities
- Session 3: Nov. 14-15, 2023 | Hilton Houston Post Oak
- Session 4: Jan. 29-30, 2024 | Austin Convention Center (in conjunction with TASA Midwinter Conference)
- Session 5: Feb. 28-29, 2024 | Hilton Houston Post Oak
- Session 6: April 15-16, 2024 | Lakeway Resort and Spa
$6,000 per person for six, two-day sessions
TASA’s Aspiring Superintendents Academy is a must-attend for those who aspire to become superintendents. Held in conjunction with the TASA Midwinter Conference, the academy offers nearly 14 hours of content (over the course of the four-day conference) that focuses on both how to get the job and how to be successful in the job, plus more than 30 sitting superintendents and representatives from multiple search firms.
See the 2024 agenda.
- Fireside chat with TASA President LaTonya Goffney and TASA President-Elect Martha Salazar-Zamora about their paths to the superintendency
- Crash course on resume development followed by a peer-reviewed resume activity
- Live, on-stage job interview with a superintendent and a feedback/coaching session
- Built-in time for small group discussions with the major search firms
You must register for the 2024 TASA Midwinter Conference in order to register for the Aspiring Superintendents Academy. Find more information on the TASA Midwinter Conference registration webpage.