The next TASA Superintendent Mentor Training will be conducted in conjunction with the 2024 TASA Midwinter Conference in Austin, 3-5 p.m., Sunday, January 28. The training will focus on the skills and superintendent competencies needed for mentors to build strong relationships, connect to First-Time Superintendents Academy session content, and provide coaching to new mentees.
Interested in Being a Mentor?
TASA is seeking successful superintendents who meet the following requirements to serve as mentors:
- certified in Texas as a superintendent
- committed to spending the time needed to be a mentor
- committed to completing the required mentor training
- professionally committed to the Texas public education system
- a current TASA member
How to Sign Up
- If you plan to attend the 2024 TASA Midwinter Conference, add the free mentor training to your conference registration, and when making housing reservations for the conference, please keep in mind the time/date of the mentor training (3-5 p.m., Sunday, January 28).
- If you do not plan to attend the Midwinter Conference but wish to participate in the mentor training, please contact Jessica Arceneaux to reserve your seat.
- If you have previously participated in the training and served as a mentor in TASA’s mentoring program, your name will remain on the list of mentors available to serve new superintendents. (You do not need to attend the training.)