The TASA Midwinter Conference will welcome attendees, exhibitors, and staff back in-person in January 2022. Everyone’s health and safety are our top priorities, so we ask that attendees follow local health authority requirements and guidelines in place at the time of the event.
Here you will find out what we’re doing — and what you can do — to protect yourself and fellow attendees. We understand that guidelines are changing rapidly and will make every effort to keep this page updated as new information arises.
We strongly recommend that all attendees be fully vaccinated prior to attending. Vaccines not only help stop the spread; they have also proved incredibly effective in virtually eliminating the most serious COVID health risks for most people.
January 6, 2022, Update: The City of Austin has issued a mask mandate ordinance. Masks are to be worn regardless of vaccination status in or on City property, including the Austin Convention Center.
Additionally, TASA Midwinter Conference organizers strongly encourage everyone to comply with Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines, including the following:
- Maintain physical distance as recommended by CDC guidelines based on your risk level.
- Wash hands frequently and minimize touch-point contact.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
TASA Midwinter Conference organizers will undertake the following safety measures:
- Public areas will be sanitized throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be placed throughout the convention center.
- Personal-sized hand sanitizer will be available on-site.
- Health and safety signage will be strategically placed on-site as friendly reminders.
The Austin Convention Center has gone to great measures to ensure a safe experience while in the facility. The staff will wear masks when working in the conference area. Sanitizer stations are located throughout the convention center.
All requests for registration cancellations must have been submitted by January 21, 2022. Requests are dated based on the electronic submission date of the form. No hard copy, faxed, or emailed requests will be accepted. Refunds will not be issued until after the event.
A $75 cancellation fee ($50 for student registration) per individual will be deducted from any refund request received on or before January 21, 2022. After that date, there will be no refund of registration fees. The cancellation fee for the Aspiring Superintendents Academy ONLY by individuals still planning on attending the Midwinter Conference will be $50. Refunds will not be issued until after the Midwinter Conference.
If you cannot attend the Midwinter Conference but would like to send a co-worker in your place, you may do so.
- January 30-February 2: Last-minute substitution requests may be made on-site at the TASA Midwinter Conference registration desk. (Substitutes for which forms have NOT been submitted should go to the counter labeled “on-site registration” to pick up their badges on-site.)
If you are experiencing symptoms, have COVID-19, or think you may have been exposed, please stay home.
By attending the TASA Midwinter Conference, you acknowledge there is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any public space where people gather. We expect all attendees to follow the CDC guidance and all posted instructions while attending the TASA Midwinter Conference to ensure the health and safety of our attendees, exhibitors, staff, and service providers. If you think there are any other measures that conference organizers should consider, we encourage you to contact us with your thoughtful suggestions.